Project Management Fundamentals
As organisations throughout the world have rapidly moved into a project centric culture, the need for skill and consistency in Project Management has become an essential ingredient for project and organizational success. This workshop is based upon the globally accepted Project management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) and uses tools and templates.
John is a trusted advisor and has passionately assisted organisations to focus on capability development and delivering to strategic objectives. He is a seasoned executive, technology guide, public speaker, management consultant, engineer, educator and coach John has worked in the areas of Innovation, Business Analysis and Project and Portfolio Management within Professional Services, Telco, Finance, IT, Computer/Electronics and Manufacturing Industries for over 20 years and has personally worked with 100s or organisations. A 3rd of John’s career was spent with IBM in state of the art manufacturing, new product development and leadership roles in Asia Pacific. John was also the founding Chairman of the International Institute of Business Analysis in Australia and spent 5 years on the board of the Project Management Institute in Sydney Australia.
- Deal with the project environment and culture
- Transition from the business case to the project plan
- Deal with uncertainty to maintain progress
- Identify, prioritise and manage the stakeholders
- Implement a standards based project planning process
- Negotiate a realistic and achievable plan
- Identify your strengths and motivational influences
- Lead teams
- Business by projects
- The PMBOK Standard
- The Project Environment
- The Project Manager
- Planning for success
- Project Execution and Control
- Closing the project
- Individuals new to project management, enhancing their skills or looking for formal project management training.